Your home is an investment that appreciates in value over time. It is important to prioritize keeping your home comfortable to ensure the health of your family. Maintaining the right humidity levels of your home can help combat winter dryness and keep illnesses at bay.
By standards, homes should have a humidity level that ranges from 30% to 50%. Anything that falls outside of that range could pose danger to your family’s health. There are more reasons than one to buy a humidifier for your home use. Check out 5 reasons to invest in a humidifier today:
- Gives your skin that healthy glow. Humidifiers help provide ample moisture to your skin to keep it looking youthful and rejuvenated all throughout the year. The danger with dry air is that is can trigger flaking and cracking of your skin which can be itchy and uncomfortable. A bottle of lotion and a humidifier will surely keep your skin looking radiant and beautiful.
- Keep indoor plants healthy. While house plants naturally purify the air in your home, winter air can cause indoor plants to wither and die. Adding a humidifier to your home extends the lifespan of indoor plants and also helps provide better air quality in your abode.
- Keeps wooden furniture protected. Dry air can easily damage wood. When exposed to extremely dry temperature, wooden furniture tends to split and crack along the joints. Installing a humidifier at home helps keep your wooden furniture and even musical instruments in good shape for a long period of time.
- Relieves nosebleeds and snoring. Having a humidifier at home helps you sleep better all throughout the night as it reduces snoring. This works by providing enough moisture and lubrication to the nasal passages and throat to alleviate snoring. This can also help ease nosebleeds which is cause by irritated blood vessels in the nasal passages brought about by stubborn dry air.
- Reduces electric shocks. This limits static electricity at home triggered by low humidity levels. Keeping the humidity levels at the right range will help prevent electric shocks felt when touching doorknobs or when using electrical equipment like the computer or laptop.
There are different humidifier types for every home need and requirement. Warm mist and cool mist humidifiers serve specific purposes but most parents invest on a cool mist humidifier because it is safer to use at home especially with kids around. Ultrasonic humidifier types are most popular because it is cost-effective, energy-efficient, noiseless, and also eliminates white dust. If you care about the health and hygiene of your family, it is wise to consider investing in a humidifier. This is regarded to be a must-have at home and in office spaces which suffer from dry air and pollution. Both residential and commercial spaces now consider humidifiers as a necessity because it helps control any room’s humidity levels and also improve overall air quality to keep your family members and guests in top health.
If you’ve been thinking about buying a humidifier, jump over to our comparison page and find a humidifier that is right for you.
Leave a Reply